Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Church Words and Tears

"I don't know the words, mama, " my six-year-old looks up at me wiping the tears from his eyes. I hug him and sit on the pew next to him while everyone else keeps singing. I did not know the words to this one either. It happens. He has just started to read and wants so badly to know all the words. He wants to participate in worship. He loves music and he knows music. He reads music already. For the next song, I sit next to him, and I tell him the words that are coming up and he sings along, smiling from ear to ear. He nods his head to the tune and sings loudly, so do I. It is good to know the words for worship.

2 comments:

  1. So true: IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THE WORDS FOR WORSHIP!
    gp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always know the words either. I have to admit that I don't like it when our church music leader presents new songs. It's just uncomfortable. Tell Asa that Aunt Kathey relates!

    ReplyDelete